Kristen’s Spicy Pumpkin Seed Butter Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free)
IG Handle: @moon.and.spoon.and.yum
- 18 ounce package rice noodles (cooked according to package instructions)
- Spicy Pumpkin Seed Butter Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed butter (if unsalted, salt sauce to taste)
- 1/4 cup warm water (or more if you like a thinner sauce!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 dried thai red chile (soaked in warm water 10 minutes prior)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- freshly chopped cilantro
- pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- red chili flakes
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- To a blender or food processor combine all pumpkin seed butter sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet or pot over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, carrots, garlic and onion. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Pour cooked rice noodles and spicy pumpkin seed butter pad thai sauce over your sautéed veggies. Toss until all is evenly coated.
- Cook over medium-low heat tossing frequently until all is warmed through (only a few minutes). Turn off heat.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, cilantro, and red chili flakes before serving.
Note: you can use store-bought or homemade pumpkin seed butter. To make your own simply place pumpkin seeds into a blender or processor and blend until smooth and creamy! You can see an example: HERE
- Richard Blossom