Malinda’s Vegan Shrimp Alfredo
IG Handle: @kindred.vegan.souls
For the #veganalfredosauce, I borrowed a recipe from @simpleveganblog and made a few adjustments.
- 4 ounces uncooked Perfect Earth pasta
- 3+ vegan shrimp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk and more as desired 1 cup raw cauliflower, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2-6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 yellow onion (optional)
- Parsley for garnish
- Vegan parmesan for garnish
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic and onion over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until garlic is golden brown.
- Add the almond milk and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-high, add the cauliflower, salt and pepper and cook for about 7 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Add more milk if needed.
- Transfer to a blender and add 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more nutritional yeast if desired.
- In a separate frying plan, heat 1-2 tsp oil, add vegan shrimp to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan with the sauce. Mix in vegan butter for a more decadent dish. Stir and serve with shrimp on top. Garnish with parsley and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Tags: Organic Rice Pasta
- Richard Blossom