Vegan Linguine with Garlic Sauce and Mushrooms
IG Handle: @vegetarianculture
- 4 oz. white button mushrooms, diced (+/- to taste)⠀
- 4 oz. baby Bella (cremini) mushrooms, sliced (+/- to taste)⠀
- 2 teaspoons tamari⠀
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice⠀
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced garlic (about 8 to 10 cloves)⠀
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste⠀
- ½ cup vegetable broth⠀
- 2 cups water⠀
- 1 to 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup (+/- to taste)⠀
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened plain plant milk⠀
- 1 Tablespoon miso
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder⠀
- ½ teaspoon onion powder⠀
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion flakes⠀
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley⠀
- 1 teaspoon dried basil⠀
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano⠀
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flake⠀
- 1 teaspoons sea salt (+/-)⠀
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (+/-)⠀
- 1 teaspoon dulse granules (optional)
- 1 package gluten free pasta, cooked
- Other Optional Ingredients:⠀
- Crushed red pepper flake⠀
- Vegan Parmesan cheese
- In a large ceramic/enamel lined Dutch oven/pot (or similarly large stockpot) add the chopped white button mushrooms and the sliced baby Bella (cremini) mushrooms with 2 teaspoons of tamari.
- Sauté over medium-high heat until all (or most) of the water has been released from the mushrooms, then remove from the pot and set aside.⠀
- Carefully wipe out the bottom of the pot with a clean, damp cloth and add the diced onion, sauté until soft, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add a splash of water here and there to prevent burning, then add the finely minced garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste, then all the remaining ingredients (including the mushrooms), except the cooked linguine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to marry. Taste test the flavor, add more seasoning, if needed.
- Take some of the sauce and mix it with the cooked linguine.
- Then serve with additional sauce over top and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Tags: Organic Rice Pasta
- Richard Blossom