Pasta alle Vongole
This briny Venetian classic is great for seafood lovers – light, yet flavorful!
- 50g brown rice noodle
- 1 cup scrubbed fresh Manila clams, cockles, or littlenecks
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 8 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Cook the pasta about 7 minutes or until al dente. Stir pasta often to prevent the noodles from sticking. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a frying pan, sauté the garlic over high heat with olive oil. Add white wine and reduce, about 2 minutes. Add the clams and cover the skillet until the clams have opened up, about 3-6 minutes depending on their size. Add ground black pepper and salt to taste and gently toss the pasta into the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Richard Blossom