- 50g black rice noodle
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes (roasted tomatoes are a great option!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Ground black pepper, salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- To make sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add red chili flakes and tomato paste and reduce the heat to low, stirring until the paste is reduced, about 4 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, and simmer.
- Cook the pasta for about 7 minutes or until al dente. Stir pasta often to prevent the noodles from sticking. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain.
- Combine the pasta and the sauce and mix thoroughly. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!